Sunday, January 10, 2016

Mississippi Blues Half




Okay so I finished my fourth half marathon.  This one I ran in honor of my friend Dina, who just celebrated 40 years as a diabetic.  She is a precious lady and when she told me her anniversary was upcoming I told her I would run a race just for her.  I signed up in November and really didn't train the much for it.  I ran two races in December and just a couple of other times before this race day.  It was raining the morning of and I was by myself.  I had promised myself I was running this race for fun and not for a time.  I finished in 2:13 barely.  I will never run this course again.  While I had a good time and enjoyed the atmosphere the hills almost killed me.  I stopped at the bottom of a hill on mile 11 and laughed out loud.  It was crazy, around every turn there was another hill.  I met a neat lady from Indiana who had finished 16 half marathons and 7 full marathons last year, but she joined me in praying for my friend Dina.  I prayed for her from the top of her head to the bottom of her feet and for all her family.  I loved the medal in honor of B.B. King.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers