Sunday, July 13, 2014

Smith Lake

We had the best time at Smith Lake this past weekend.  Our friends, Tyler and Mollie, invited us over to see his parents lake house and to enjoy some much needed time together.  Living in Huntsville, we don't get to see them as much as we would like, but we always manage to pick right back up.
Jett loved the water, and had a fun time floating around before we got on the boat.  


 Once on the boat Tyler and Jett were less than thrilled to sit for pictures for their mamas.  Both boys road the tube with their Daddy's and both seemed to enjoy their time on the water.  Jett had no desire to take a nap that day and he actually made it through the day with no major melt downs.  I like to think he is going to be a people person and just didn't want to miss out on any of the fun.











 It had been years since either Cullen or I had wakeboarded, but it came right back to him.  I'm not gonna win any awards, but I was able to ride behind the boat.  I'm a scaredy cat.  I worry about bad things that can happen to people, to me mainly.  So when they decided to barefoot, that was a big no go for me.  It just isn't smart.  To leap out of the boat going 42mph, grabbing on to the boom and then proceed to hold a chair sit while keeping feet on top of the water.  No way, not me, no how.  I could see myself missing the boom all together and hitting the boat, cutting my barefoot on random debris in the water, or something else terrible.  Even after persuading everyone in the boat, Tyler had no luck with me.  I told them peer pressure was never something I gave in to when I was younger...it didn't work.  They looked to have had a blast and each one came back on board saying it was a thrill.






This is probably my favorite picture I took all day.  This perfectly captures Tyler Young to me, just happy to be on the water, enjoying fellowship.  It was a great day with good friends we can't wait to do it again.

No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers